Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Bored now

If I was a more assertive person, I'd tell all these interview-happy people pestering me at the moment to collectively bog off. I didn't sound too bad on the Steve Wright show, but I've turned down another interview on Radio 4 tomorrow, and I've still got the Telegraph going to phone me up, followed by the TV people coming round to film me. Which is seriously annoying, not just because it cuts into my cartoon-watching time, but because the director hasn't got a clue what the WMC is all about, meaning that I have to explain everything from first principles. Most people at least have a vague idea what a memory competition involves before they talk to me. I did fill her in on what the binary competition, and others, actually involve, which seemed to disappoint her somewhat, but she still thinks there's something filmworthy there.

And also, they want to film me practicing memorising cards, and I need to be not memorising things right now, so as to keep my brain clear for the weekend. I'll just have to pretend to be training and not really look at the cards.

Still, how cool is this: "Our guests on the show today are Ben Pridmore and Natalie Imbruglia!"

No comments: