Thursday, September 07, 2023

The twelve-minute mile

 Doing another "Cooper test" at the athletics track today [well, yesterday or earlier, because I'm writing blog posts in advance here], Runkeeper told me I'd walked a mile in 12 minutes!


It's not true, of course, since Runkeeper is a bit dodgy when it comes to identifying exactly where you are - but I DID walk three and a half times around the 400m track, which while obviously less than a mile is definitely faster than I've done before, and really quite impressive for a brisk walk in scorching heat.

I'm three times as good as Roger Bannister, if you subtly change the definition of 'good' as relating to moving around a track! Or even if he's three times as good as me, I can still walk quite fast, considering my bad legs.


Edit - darn, I posted this one instead of saving it. I've been expecting to do that all this week. Well, this counts as tomorrow's post, all right?

No comments: