Friday, April 25, 2008

People will see me and die

Have I been on telly again recently without me knowing it? The number of people hailing me in the street as the memory man had died down a bit, but I've been getting lots of recognition just this last week. Tonight a gang of youngish teenagers in the shopping centre all recognised me, and the following conversation ensued:

Dan: You're that memory guy?
Me: Yep, that's me.
Dan: Ooh, go on then, do me!
Me: Umm... "do you"?
Dan: You know, do a memory thing to amaze me!

I really need to have a performance ready for moments like this. What I should have done, with hindsight, is tell them all what day of the week they were born on - that always goes down well. Or else I should start carrying a pack of cards or a list of FA Cup final results around with me. Actually, that's a really good idea. I will do that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1982 was a great year for UK number 1 singles. Kraftwerk - The model, Nicole - A little peace, Charlene - I've never been to me, Survivor - Eye of the tiger, and some guy called Eddy Grant.

Zoomy said...

I agree, but you've shockingly neglected the greatest of them all - Come On Eileen!

Anonymous said...

Ebony And Ivory was a great disc that year too. Spent three weeks at number 1 in 1982 - the same number as Irene Cara's Fame.