Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's like someone's erased my memory

I don't know what it is, but for the last few days I've felt sort of at a loose end, with lots of time on my hands. It's as if I'd previously been doing something that took up a lot of my time on a daily basis, but now I'm not and I need to find something to fill all the time I'd previously devoted to it. But what is it? I've been sitting around doing absolutely nothing for months now!

Job-hunting? That didn't take up too much of my time, and I seem to have spent a lot of time today anyway fending off calls from people who've seen my CV on Monster and want to offer me jobs. Seriously, they all seem to have come along at once lately!

Memory training? I haven't done too much of that just lately, but I've been pretty good about training at weekends and I don't normally feel vacant after not doing anything for a couple of days.

I think it must just be that I've officially got a job now, so I'm feeling like not working on a weekday is strange and gives me lots of spare time. Or perhaps I've been on secret government work of some kind and my memory has been blanked out. I like that second theory best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. I'm sure you have been working at Bletchley Park in collusion with Stella Rimington at MI5. Yes, it all makes sense now ! Memorising and cracking codes but I promise not to tell anyone. Oops, sorry Ben. Britain is at least a safer place now that you have been protecting us from the dastardly deeds of the evil wrong do-ers !

Dai

ps. Does anyone need a lift from the M4 up to London for the UK Open Memory ?

Hotel is 40 quid for a double room sharing so that's just 20 quid a night if you want to do that too.

Josh said...

This has nothing to do with this blog but were you at the MCWC this year? Also have you ever tested the strength of your methods using the 24 hour test. Recall everything you've learnt in a single session the following day with NO rehearsal. It really improves long term memory though I would only use it on stuff you might want to actually know (like the cubes of two digit numbers? - always good).