Thursday, August 14, 2008

Do you love anyone enough?

I had a sudden craving for a tube of rolos at work today. There are numerous little shops, cafes and snack machines in the head office building where I work (it's huge), but none of them had any rolos for sale. I bought a tube of fruit pastilles instead, because even though they're entirely unlike rolos in every way, at least they're round.

I still want rolos. I should have gone out to the shops tonight and got some. Oh well, I'll get some tomorrow and eat them on the way to London. I haven't had rolos for years! It'll make the whole weekend worthwhile - much more so than winning the UK Memory Championship will!

Also, pay attention, all ex-VPS people reading this (and the ex-VPS people are the only people who'll still be reading after two paragraphs about rolos). We're (that is Tish, Gilly, Crispy, me and others) planning a trip to Alton Towers in October! Come along and join us!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They started to make a "King Size" type of Rolo some time back, which was good.

And with regards to the old TV adverts of giving someone your last Rolo, best thing to do is snap the pack in two, so you have two last Rolo's to give out lol!

Cheeky~Bandit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheeky~Bandit said...

Nestlé have pinched all the last Rolos. I think quite a few newspapers this week ran the story about the pack shrinking from 11 to 10.

SamT said...

What you didn't say was the Alton Towers trip is now going to be on your birthday so its a ZZ Birthday bash type thing! lol
And why aren't you in the advert for this programme on Monday?
Saw it advertising the others on it and no you!
I shall complain to ITV1 that you weren't in the trailer.

Anonymous said...

I would if I could but I can't so I shan't.

Jon Norman said...

Hello Ben

I am a producer on talkSPORT radio. Was hoping you might be able to join us for a five minute telephone interview to talk about your memory skills.

Contact me on jnorman@talksport.co.uk if you are interested.

Thanks,

Jon Norman