Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I could be brown, I could be blue, I could be violet skies

Yes, I really love the song "Grace Kelly" by Mika. I like squeaky voices. I've been mistaken for Maurice Gibb in the past, you know. It also comes passably close to providing a relevant title for what I was going to write about tonight - for the benefit of mutual friends who might not know about it, check out Jemfy's other other blog, especially the latest entry where she describes her meeting with Gordon from Sesame Street. I never really watched Sesame Street when I was little, but I was an ardent devotee of Rainbow, and I've always kind of wanted to meet Geoffrey and see what he's like in real life. I'm sure there are plenty of people who meet him every day - he's a minicab driver these days, as opposed to a hermit - but I still can't really imagine what it must be like to actually meet such an iconic figure. I'd probably be all speechless and in awe.

And while I'm throwing links to VPSers around, can I recommend this seriously cool video by Jimi (aka Dog-Faced Boy)? I think it deserves to be a hit.

Also, because this post has contained a lot of me saying other people are great and not so much about how fantastic I am, here's a blog post that describes me as 'the incredible'. Actually, I only mention it because the picture it uses is one of the few pictures you get when you put my name into Google images. People have asked me before if that's a picture of me in my younger days. It's a picture of the Decamentathlon competition at the MSO in 2003, and I'm not actually in it - Google's just picking up my name from the article attached to it. It shows Demis Hassabis, Tony and Alex Wilkinson and I think it's George Lane in the background - I was in the room, to Demis's right, just off-camera.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In case you were ever curious, my old other blog died because Blogspot hates my guts.

Really. It even said so: "I, blogger.com, hate your guts."


And thank you for the acknowledgement.

Anonymous said...

ha, this web thingy is a strange thing, huh?

Funny thing actually, I found the picture on an image-search for decamentathlon. Now THAT doesn't give you a lot of options...
Then tried your name, saw the same picture again, and didn't bother looking further.

James Kemp said...

I have described you as "the legendary Ben Pridmore" in a previous post on my blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that it was me who took that photo - conceivably it could have been John Knoderer, but I think it was me - and I can recognise only Demis on it. :-)