Tuesday, January 23, 2007

As the actress said to the bishop

I'm thinking of moving house. I'm tired of waking up every day and seeing the words "Super suction, compact cylinder!" on the vacuum cleaner box on top of my wardrobe. It contains some of my stuff, probably - I can't really be bothered to look, but I assume it's up there for some reason, like the various other boxes and suitcases up there. There isn't really anywhere else in the flat that I could fit a large-ish cardboard box.

I suppose technically I could just turn the box around, rather than moving house, but I would quite like a bigger place. On the other hand, moving is such a lot of unnecessary work that I vowed never to do it again after moving here three-and-a-bit years ago. And unless I got a proper job it would be difficult to find a new place anyway, of course. Perhaps I could become wealthy enough to buy a second home without moving out of this one? Although then any time I wanted one of my posessions, it would always be at my other place. Millionaires must be constantly frustrated.

1 comment:

Danni said...

Millionaires with two homes tend to have two sets of possessions. Right now I'd just be happy with a cleaner. :)