Thursday, January 25, 2007

Easy? Maybe if you're a millionaire...

I was pondering going to Center Parcs, because they email me occasionally to tell me that they've got special offers (very expensive special offers, but special nonetheless), so I decided to look into how easy it is to get there without a car or an obliging father who'll give you a lift anywhere. I was pleased to see that the official website says "Getting to Sherwood is easy by rail or road". Then it elaborates on the method of getting there by rail - "The nearest mainline station is Newark Northgate, which is approximately 15 miles away. There is also Nottingham station approximately 20 miles away. For further information contact National Rail Enquiries on 0845 7484950 or visit www.thetrainline.com/. A taxi may be taken to Center Parcs from Newark or Nottingham station, using the following companies..."

I'm sorry, but taking a taxi for fifteen miles does not constitute easily getting somewhere by rail! This really does nothing but reinforce my prejudice against the kind of wealthy middle-class people who ponder going to Center Parcs. Obviously they're all so wealthy and posh that they think nothing of taking taxis whenever they travel anywhere! Bunch of snobs, the lot of them! Pfah!

No comments: