Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My printer's broken!

And the flaming thing's practically brand new, and I have a feeling it came with a guarantee, which I almost certainly threw away along with the packaging. It's just not taking paper into the works like it should, and I bet it's really easy to fix if you know anything about printers. Which I don't. And I need to print out some random numbers because I haven't got any left. Damn it. Maybe I'll sneakily print some out at work when nobody's looking.

In lighter news, James Jorasch has updated his memory website with various videos of me. Scroll down the list and watch the last one, "Ben Pridmore on memory systems", especially. That was meant to be a couple of minutes of me running through a pack of cards and describing the images I associate with them, and it turned into a half-hour interview, completely unplanned! I think I come across unusually well, by my standards. It's funny to watch myself, though - I'm constantly looking around the room, or twiddling my fingers, adjusting my hat, or some other nervous twitch.

The footage on the other video clip of me memorising a pack of cards is fraudulent, by the way. I'd already looked through the pack a couple of times during our earlier conversation, so I was already familiar with it. It actually looks like I could have been cleverly cheating - I slide each card out from the pack before naming it and turning it over, in a way that suggests I might be looking at the reflection in the shiny table. I wasn't, but that would be a really cool way for a stage magician to simulate memorising cards in this kind of interview.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh... wow ... are you a magician ??!! I am intrigued...

Your post forces me to want to know more...

Anonymous said...

Muscleman to tentacle made me chuckle.