Sunday, April 09, 2006

If you're going to give yourself food poisoning...

...at least have the sense to do it on a work day. I've been suffering from half a tin of tuna today. I assume it was the tuna, anyway. I eat half a tin and keep the other half in the fridge with the lid sort of balanced on top in order to keep out germs and things. It obviously didn't work so well with last night's portion. What I could do with is a tupperware container of some kind, but I've only got one and it's about the size of a house. And anyway, my brother borrowed it at Christmas and he's still got it.

So that kind of put me off the activities I had planned for today, like visiting my grandma, buying a new bike and memory training. The bike I'll try to arrange during the week - walking to work is not fun, and last week has caused my work shoes to pretty much completely disintegrate (admittedly they weren't in perfect condition to start with, the soles were already more holey than righteous, as Grandma likes to say). There are bike shops in Burton, although the one I tried to call today wasn't answering the phone to tell me when they're open. I wish these places had websites, don't they know I hate talking on the phone?

Grandma I'm going to visit and play bingo with on Friday, seeing as it's the Good kind. Memory training I've been letting slide a little during the past couple of weeks, for obvious reasons, but I need to get back into it now. Still a lot of sorting-out needed for the Cambridge competition, and I need to get back to the woman from the BBC about that programme, and to Phil Chambers with comments on his new abstract image samples so he can unveil them before the competition. And check that he's still going to come and be arbiter, because I'm still short of volunteers. Although I haven't yet asked some of the people who are likely to say yes, so it's just a matter of getting my act together and doing it.

I'll be happy when the whole thing's over and the real memory season gets started. I'm itching to get back into competitions.

No comments: