Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ram FM

As I've mentioned before, I can't say no to people over the phone. This is why my alarm is now set for 6am tomorrow morning. At five past eight today while I was scoffing my usual bacon buttie for breakfast while getting dressed, I got a phone call from Ram FM, the radio station in Derby that everyone actually listens to. They'd heard me on Steve Wright, apparently, and been trying to contact me ever since.

They can't have been trying all that hard - I'm a bit of a hermit, but most people manage to find my email address through an internet search and drop me a line. Anyway, the guy asked for a number he could call me on in office hours, and I gave it to him (that can't-say-no thing in action again). He called back at ten, and in a conversation lasting about fifteen seconds got me to agree to an interview at seven o'clock in the flaming morning tomorrow, at the studio in the city centre somewhere (I've printed out a map, so it shouldn't be too hard to find). He also gave me a mobile number to call when I get there so they can let me in, which should be fun. If he'd hung around on the phone a bit longer, I might have been able to mention that I haven't got a mobile. Heck, I might even have got round to saying "No, I don't want to be on the radio at the crack of dawn tomorrow," although I doubt it somehow.

Still, maybe I can use my great powers for good rather than evil, and advertise the British Othello Championships on the air. I've been meaning to write about it for a couple of days now, but interviews of both kinds and broken saucepans and things keep coming up. It's this weekend, and I might even write about it tomorrow, if you're lucky.

No comments: