Thursday, October 26, 2017

Listen very carefully, I will say this only once

To get rid of some of those vouchers people keep giving me (I also got thirty pounds' worth from Eon electricity for some reason or other), I bought a box set of 'Allo 'Allo DVDs the other weekend and have been having great fun watching my way through the episodes. It's a kind of sitcom that's gone out of fashion these days and really needs to make a comeback - the big ensemble cast (eighteen characters at its peak) who have to appear and say their catchphrase every week sounds like it wouldn't leave much room for anything else to happen in a 30-minute episode, but it's actually hugely inventive, clever and funny, every time. I can see it working in the hands of some of the trendy young comedians of today. They should all get together and give it a go - just think of a premise and you're basically sorted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A German joke is no laughing matter.