Thursday, June 29, 2006

P-p-p-pick up

Sainsbury's have a half price offer on 18-packs of penguin biscuits. 89p, which is a pretty good deal really. Interestingly, they haven't got a similar offer on the packs of 9 on the shelves next to them, which are still 98p a pack. I felt like buying a 9-pack just to make some kind of ironic point, but then I realised that that doesn't make the slightest bit of sense, so I didn't.

I'm watching Andy Murray playing tennis at the moment, and his horrible mother's in the crowd. I saw her being interviewed last year when Murray had just won a very impressive game, and rather than saying anything nice about her son, she immediately launched into a list of his deficiencies as a tennis player and observed that they'd have to work on them before he'd be any real good. Although on the other hand, maybe if I'd had a mother like that I'd be practising speed numbers like I said I would right now, instead of wasting my life watching Wimbledon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/926/ben4ne.jpg

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

(I'm sneaky.)

Zoomy said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you found that! Are you starting a collection of pictures of me?