Saturday, July 01, 2006

Oi

So immediately after Portugal knocked us out of the world cup, I start trying to learn Portuguese. Makes me seem like some kind of traitor. It does remind me, though, of a fundamental fact about myself - I hate learning languages. I just find the things so darn difficult to do. Makes me wonder why I devoted a big chunk of my teenage years to languages, but hey, I was weird when I was younger.

Still, did you know they don't use the letters K, W or Y? That means I'm already three twenty-sixths of the way to mastering Brazilian Portuguese! Which is my aim over the next eight days, before I fly out there on the 10th. If there's one thing I hate more than learning languages, it's going to a foreign country and making people talk to me in English.

Remind me again why I agreed to do this TV thing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

because you're zoomy.!

"maaaaayyyybbbbeeeee...."

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/287/shotthedeputy8zv.jpg

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

cheers

Anonymous said...

Remind me again why I agreed to do this TV thing?

Senile dementia...

Perhaps I should remind you again of this later...lol