Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Bom-dia, meu nome é Zoomy.

I'm almost certainly going to Brazil in two weeks, touch wood. Which is extremely scary and I don't think I want to do it any more. But I'll get over it.

This is of course another distraction from training for the world championships, and I've had a lot of those lately, what with the football. And general laziness, to be honest. I had a real buzz of motivation earlier in the year, but for the last few months I've been steadily declining back to 2005 levels of don't-feel-like-it-ness. Well, not quite that bad (seeing as for most of 2005 I didn't look at a pack of cards or sheet of numbers that weren't pi at all), but getting there. I did have a go at speed numbers tonight, but considering there wasn't even any football today I should have done a lot more, really.

Never mind, this weekend I've got no plans (although come to think of it I haven't been to see my grandma for aaaaages, so maybe I should do that too), so if I can drum up the willpower to do it, I can do an hour numbers and cards and maybe come up with a definite plan for how much of each to attempt at the worlds.

1 comment:

Método de Estudo- Turbinando o Cérebro said...

Hi, great Ben! My name is Allan, I´m from Brazil, and I´m a great fan of yours, and of the mnemonic techniques. I also teach them, not like a pro of memo, but as passioned!
So, I´d like to make contact with you to learn more with THE MAN!:)
So, could you please, send me an e-mail? allan.magalhaes@uol.com.br

I hope you have enjoyed your trip to Brazil. I saw you at a Tv show with our great Alberto Del´isolla.

God bless you!