Saturday, March 18, 2006

Anniversaries

I've just noticed that I passed 200 posts on here a couple of weeks ago, without even noticing. Maybe I'll throw a party when I get to 250. Or save it for the one-year mark, perhaps. It's really fun reading through old entries here, actually. I'm just amazed that I've kept it up, but it's still enjoyable trying to think of something to blog about every night. And as an unexpected side-effect, I'm told that a few other people enjoy reading this thing too!

Anyway, I haven't had quite as industrious a day as I was planning. I did do a half-hour binary numbers practice this morning, and very nearly broke the 4000 barrier (the four-minute mile of memorising 1s and 0s), but just had a couple of mistakes too many, ending up with a score of 3980. I'm definitely happy with the way my training's going in this - I've recorded my score every time I've practised since I started properly training again, and it's gone 2545, 2715, 3005, 3195, 3355, 3650, 3865, 3980! The sky's the limit!

I was going to do an hour numbers this afternoon, but I couldn't be bothered. I did shuffle a few packs of cards and get halfway through compiling the names and faces papers for Cambridge (got all the faces, I just need to come up with a suitably multilingual selection of names to give them). Also spent a lot of time watching Tom and Jerry cartoons - I recall saying here before that even I couldn't spend a whole day doing that, but I've come to the conclusion that I can, if I'm in the right mood.

I need to do something about my sofa. All the springy things that hold the cushions up have broken. I need to either do some makeshift repairs with spare bits of wood, or persuade the landlord to replace it with a new one - preferably one comfortable enough for someone to sleep on, so as guests don't have to sleep on the floor when they came over. Or I could just move to Burton-on-Trent and furnish the place myself. It's not like I couldn't afford it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've gone and broke all the springs -- perhaps you shouldn't seduce so many fat ladies... Or maybe you've been putting on capes again, and jumping off the furniture???

Zoomy said...

Well, yes, I've been doing that. But surely they build these things to take a certain amount of jumping on? What are sofas for if not putting on capes and jumping off?