Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down

I've had the theme tune to Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends (a brilliant cartoon series) stuck in my head all day. It doesn't have any lyrics or a title, as far as I know, which is why the subject header is a different tune entirely that happened to be on the telly at the time I was trying to think of a title. But the Foster's theme is quite catchy, and surprisingly non-distracting - I've been memorising cards and numbers with it playing in my brain but not getting in the way at all. I'm going to go off and do a bit more in a minute, while I'm in the mood. Who knows, I might keep this up all year, think up a better system for numbers, and win the WMC by a mile next time round!

I've also sent my CV to one agency, Michael Page, who got me my job at Parkhouse. I know I said I'd send it to agencies, plural, today, but it's such rubbish that I don't think I could face multiple agencies telling me so. I'll just let MP criticise and ridicule it, then let them make improvements and then I'll send it to other people. There's plenty of time yet.

I'm now watching The Life And Times Of Juniper Lee, to see if it's any good. It's created and written by Judd Winick, who's done some great comics in the past, so it might be, but the opening couple of minutes of this episode aren't looking all that great. Rather than jump to hasty conclusions, I'll give it a bit more of a chance, though...

I should talk a bit more about Foster's - it's very original and witty and clever. But I can't be bothered. Just go and watch it, it's on Cartoon Network.

A more important subject is what I'm going to do next week. I've got the week off, it seems I'm not going to the MSO, and I haven't really got anything that urgently needs doing. 'Looking for a job' is not going to take up all my time. Memory things, maybe. Perhaps I could swot up on pi and see about maybe breaking that record later this year. Not really in such an othelloey mood right now, so I'm not feeling like memorising classic games like I was talking about doing.

No comments: