Thursday, September 10, 2026

Nothing has any particular form or meaning until it's observed

 Just out of curiosity, I went into the seldom-seen reaches of "new television programming" to see what the new series of Futurama is like. I assumed it would be terrible, based on the fact that everything in our modern time is rubbish compared to the old days, and specifically that the earlier episodes of Futurama are much better than the later ones I've seen. And since the most recent ones I saw were a long time ago now, it stood to reason that the most recent episode, "Lord Nibbler in the Nothingverse", must be rubbish beyond the telling of it.


But it just shows what I know. Because it was brilliant! Exactly in the style of the classic episodes, with lots of funny and clever moments, it was a perfect episode of Futurama in every way! Perhaps I should give modernity more of a chance.

No comments: