Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Curse missed opportunities

That phrase has been in my head all day. And not because of anything to do with the German Memory Championship, it's just that the person who sits next to me at work has a laptop that plays a couple of notes whenever he does anything, and they remind me of the intro to the song 'Clocks' by Coldplay.

Which is a catchy song, but I don't know most of the lyrics - it's sung in a sort of mumbling way with just occasional phrases that stick in my memory, like "curse missed opportunities" and "a tiger's waiting to be tamed" and "shoot an apple off my head" and so on. Frankly, I don't want to know what the rest of the lyrics are, because those disjointed snatches are far more cool by themselves. So if you hear me singing strange cool-sounding words and phrases punctuated by humming and dum-de-dum-de-dums, that's why.

No comments: