Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The commuter's lament

I'm working in Beeston now, I don't think I mentioned that, which means travelling there by train. Which isn't so bad, but tonight the train was cancelled for no adequately explained reason, so I got the bus instead, which takes longer, and the whole thing cut into my sitting-around-at-home-doing-nothing-of-importance time. I bought a local paper while I was in town to see if there are any nice flats to rent in the town, but it seems there aren't any, nice or otherwise, within a ten-mile radius. I did walk past a four-bedroomed house for rent, but I thought that would probably be a bit excessive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend and I drive through Beeston every time we travel between my flat in London and his home in Rutland. I've always imagined it to be a town overrun with giant, invisible bees - that's why they have the camera on the A1 there, to see if the bees are interfering with the motorists.