Thursday, November 29, 2007

Now, it is beginning of a fantastic story!

I've become worryingly addicted to Bubble Bobble. I dug out the old Sega Master System a couple of days ago and played it, and I've been hooked ever since. I've been semi-hooked on the game ever since I bought it back in, um, 1992, probably. That kind of time period, anyway. But I've usually had other things to do with my time to keep me from playing it all day and all night...

I have done some things today, though - I've been practicing memorising cards and then reciting them immediately, in preparation for Blue Peter. I'd rather not make a total fool of myself on such a big show. And I'm persisting with the swimming thing. Let's see if I've lost some weight by mid-December, shall we?

In other news, the World Othello Championship is underway, and it looks like it's going to be a close contest - you can't really identify any favourites to reach the semis yet, although Matthias Berg seems to be doing very well, Ben Seeley's obviously still on form despite being out of practice, Anon Hongthong, who I've never heard of before today, seems to be beating everyone he meets, all the French seem to be looking dangerous, and check out Geoff on five out of seven, including some really good wins! Which reminds me I haven't emailed him my transcripts from Cambridge like I was supposed to, but never mind. He won't pester me about it till he's back from Greece...

4 comments:

Lucy Dee said...

SEGA MASTER SYSTEM!?!? LOL!! (*finally composes herself*) I shouldn't jest. I have an injury from playing too much Super Mario Kart on Nintendo 64. (depressed sigh)

Zoomy said...

There's nothing funny about the Sega Master System. I remember when it was the coolest thing around, before anyone had dared to try to make a 16-bit console and when all the really cool kids didn't want to buy an NES like everyone else. Ah, those were the days. It was a simpler time, graphically speaking.

Anonymous said...

I'm back now...

Anonymous said...

Have you ever investigated arcade emulation to play actual arcade ROMs on your PC? (Start with MAME for all your Bubble Bobble needs.) On the other hand, if you fondly remember consoles rather than arcade games, this may not actually be better.

But this is not a true ending!