Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Vile acts of base treason!

There are three flagpoles out the front of our office building. I assume they're relics of the car dealership days. But rather than letting them go to waste, we have a Union Jack on one of them, and at the moment a Chinese flag on another, to celebrate our latest big deal involving schools in China. But I just noticed this morning that the Union Jack is upside-down. I don't know if it's always been like that, or if someone's just done it today - probably the latter, because I always check flags to see if they're the right way up. I pride myself on knowing how to spot an upside-down Union Jack, and you'd be surprised how few of them you see.

I didn't tell anyone about it, because it never really came up in the conversation. I think I'll leave it till the Queen next comes to visit and is mortally offended, and has the chairman's head chopped off.

No comments: