Wednesday, November 15, 2006

So sweet I'd kill a diabetic

I had a phone call from the head HR person at the office this morning - "Hi Ben, just a quick question, hope you don't mind. Do you take insulin for diabetes?"

Me: "...No."

Her: "Oh, sorry, I must have been misinformed. Bye."

Now, obviously it's part of some nefarious plot against me that someone is spreading rumours about me being an insulin-dependent diabetic, but I can't quite work out what the plan would involve. I suppose I'll just have to wait until it runs its course and ends up with someone taking over the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obviously someone called as to activate the surveillance tap that’s placed on your phone – by none other than the Queen no doubt. It wasn’t the upside-down Union Jack that offends her sensibilities; it’s your lovely new hat! She’s been known to be quite jealous of men in hats.

Or

Human resource people are somewhat incompetent…