Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Chicken Soup passed away

A variety of trains of thoughts collided tonight. I'm reading Rose Madder by Stephen King (I find that I can reread almost any Stephen King book any number of times without them getting old), which repeatedly refers to "Rosie Real", the musical cartoon apparently much loved by everyone except this cartoon fan who's never seen it. If it made it to Britain, I didn't pay any attention to it when it did. I had, however, a couple of years ago heard the song "Chicken Soup With Rice", when Scotty Arsenault put it on his much-missed Commander Kitty website (if I put a link in here anyway it'll force him to bring Kitty and the gang back!). And by 'heard the song' I mean 'listened to it over and over again because it's so brilliant and indeed still sing it to myself at odd moments even now'.

So having been reading Rose Madder I went on to read Jemfo's blog, complete with links to Muppet snippets on YouTube (three cheers for Captain Vegetable!), and that got me to wondering whether Chicken Soup With Rice might also be found on that wonderful YouTube thing that I don't pay nearly enough attention to. And it is!

Not only that, the whole darn Really Rosie is on there too (cut into three bite-size chunks), and I've just spend the last 25 minutes watching it. Sheer genius, the whole thing. Isn't the internet an amazing place?

No comments: