Monday, July 03, 2006

Things I should be doing tonight

1) Learning Portuguese.
2) Working out how I'm going to memorise a pack of cards in a TV-friendly way.

Things I'm actually doing tonight:

Sitting around in my pants watching Popeye cartoons and reading the entire run of Exiles comics.

I don't know. It's disgraceful, really. But it's been so hot today!

In other news, I'm going to a funeral on Thursday. You go your whole life without going to a funeral, and then two come, both at once. Not anyone I knew, an old friend of my parents who used to hang out with them and my uncle Stewart in days of yore. But my mum's swanning about in the south of France and Uncle Stew is a jetsetter who's practically never in the country and Grandma wanted someone to go to the funeral with her, so I volunteered. Although taking the day off work is going to cause me a lot of hassle for the rest of this week, because we're busy at the moment, especially with me flitting off to Brazil next week and everything. Still, RIP Daz, I've heard plenty of anecdotes about your antics over the years and I'm sure you'll be missed.

No comments: