Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Start spreadin' the news...

...I'm leaving tomorrow. And okay, that's a very unoriginal way to start a post about going to New York, but I'm excited so I don't care. Haven't packed yet, but I've got a pile of clothes to take with me. Not sure whether to squeeze everything into my little rucksack or take the big one and have to lug it around with me - I think I'll go for the small one, it'll just about be small enough to go as hand luggage, but on the other hand maybe the American customs people will be suspicious of me if I haven't got much luggage with me. I get paranoid about that - I got held up in customs one time (only about five minutes, not like I was arrested and sent to Guantanemo Bay) and asked why I was travelling so light, among other things. I probably shouldn't have told them I'd just quit my job and was aimlessly wandering the world. But I never take much luggage with me when I travel. Three changes of underwear, three shirts, a pair of trousers and a jumper, plus what I'll be wearing on the flight, pair of pyjamas, toothbrush and paste, alarm clock, couple of books, a few packs of cards, pens and paper and that's it.

Turns out it's going to be warm in New York after all, so I might not even bother with the spare jumper, actually. My leather jacket's nice and warm, even if the zip doesn't work any more (my fault for stretching it out of shape by stuffing my briefcase inside the jacket while I cycle to work). Wishing I hadn't agreed to meet and be filmed by Nick while I'm there - I want to go and see the sights, especially since Josh is going to show me around the big city (so much easier than finding the cool places by yourself). I'll try to get rid of him as quickly as possible. Nick, not Josh.

In other news, I think it's rather cool that Arsenal have got through to the quarter finals of the champions league. I quite fancy them to win it this year, they've somehow been amazing in Europe all season, and mediocre at home. Arsenal for the CL, Liverpool for the Cup and Chelsea the League would be cool. Poor old Man U.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I need a suitcase for a weekend trip, travelling light is what I take so that I can read in the dark...