Friday, September 09, 2005

Golden Jubilee

I've just noticed that yesterdays entry was my fiftieth! I should have had a party or something! It doesn't feel like fifty blogs' worth of time since I started, but come to think of it, quite a lot has happened in that time. I think it's stopped being summer since then, if it ever really started in the first place.

Anyway, I haven't really got anything to write about. I've spent the last week formulating a story called "Don't Bring Me Down, Bruce", about an escalator designer called Bruce Bryce who refuses to build escalators that go upwards, for religious reasons, and the consequences this has for the world when he is hired to rebuild all the escalators on the London Underground. But it's not very funny, and I worry that someone's going to take it for an allegorical comment on the state of the world today. I'd hate anyone to think I was trying to make a serious point.

Oh, and Michael Page are putting me in for another job. In Burton-on-Trent, which seems to be the only town in the world with job vacancies at the moment, but with Nord Anglia, the company that runs nursery schools, which would be a bit different, and probably fun. It sounds like a zoomy kind of job (although it's a management accountant role, and so probably not involving, say, playing with squeaky toys and watching cartoons all day).

1 comment:

Sam said...

But who's going to tell the children they don't get milk and bananas this morning due to budget cuts?