Monday, August 08, 2005

Sheesh

You see, this is why I wouldn't be a very good celebrity. I've spent way too much time today talking with and emailing the radio and TV people - the latter now want to film me talking to the former, which I think is taking things to extremes.

What I need, obviously, is an agent. But the understanding kind who won't mind if I refuse to do any kind of interviews or performances for months on end because I don't feel like it.

In other news, I think I'm really going to work on othello as soon as the WMC is over, and see if I can put in a good performance at the nationals in September. I'd really love to go to Iceland for the world championships, although that would take twice as many disappearing acts from the really good players as last year, since we only get to send three people this time round. Three men, anyway - it seems there'll be women's teams too, although that's not much help to me.

Anyway, enough. I'm going to go and play Sonic the Hedgehog. I know I said I'd practice hour numbers tonight, but I've decided to do it tomorrow. I'll be finished recording the radio thing by 1:00, apparently, and if I can escape the TV people quickly, I might be back here before four, with plenty of time for a bit of last-minute training. I just did a perfect 100 on spoken numbers, which I don't usually manage, so I'm still upbeat about my chances.

One more thought - the TV people want to film me at home on Thursday night. Should I clean the place up a bit, just so as it doesn't look like one of those places you occasionally see in news stories about people living in shocking squalour? Or should I leave it filthy and try to pass it off as loveably eccentric?

No comments: