Thursday, August 11, 2005

Forget fame, fortune and things

It's nice to be reminded why I don't want to be a celebrity. Spent the best part of two hours tonight being filmed pretending to memorise numbers, cards and so on, while talking about the brain and learning and how generally great it is to have one and do it.

The layout of my flat not being appropriate for the camerawork she wanted to do, we had to drag my desk out into the middle of the room and put my computer up on it (as opposed to on the floor), shine my desk lamp on me (I don't usually use the lamp, it just sits on my desk to look nice) and do everything several times over so as to get different camera angles. And she took exception to my Zoom-Zoom T-Shirt, possibly because of the big holes, and made me wear a shirt and my playing-cards tie. So people will think I sit around the house in a shirt and tie, with my computer on my desk, taking the whole memory thing really, really seriously.

Annoying, the whole thing. I'll try to get out of the follow-up filming she's threatening me with, outside in the park.

This might be my last entry for a few days. Going down to Oxford tomorrow, back on Tuesday. A bit doubtful about my chances now, but we'll see.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I'm loving the blog, Zoomers. V.exciting! You were on teletext!

I'll be your agent, by the way. I've been thinking about this - I'm tempted not to have a manager myself deal with my own stuff. On second thoughts p'raps it's better to have someone who knows what they're talking about.

Good luck in Oxford...