Sunday, May 05, 2024

Memory League May

 The World Ranking system in Memory League is quite badly flawed, I've always complained. Having achieved a high ranking, you can keep it almost indefinitely just by signing up to every tournament, even if you lose every game.



Well, I did say "almost indefinitely", because having failed to get through the first round of qualifying for the Pan American Open, I'm now going to sink below that 22nd place I've been undeservedly hanging onto for so long, and bottom out at a level more suitable to my performance in recent years.

So I'm resolving to work on it - play more games, start winning more often! Get my consistency back to the level it used to be! Anyone want to give me a game some time? Or many times? I want to play a lot, right now!

No comments: