Friday, September 01, 2023

September Song

 Do you remember September Song? It was an ITV "bittersweet comedy-drama" starring Russ Abbot, of all people, in a serious role. I didn't watch it, but for some reason it came back to me when I was trying to think of a September-themed reference to use as the title of a blog post.

You see, I've been thinking lately that I need to update this blog more often. I've got a lot of "interesting" things I feel like writing about, and with it being the start of a new month, I've resolved to post something here every single day, just like I used to do in olden times!

See, when I start my podcast (because one of the interesting things I intend to write about is that I have vague ideas of starting a podcast) I'll be able to point people to my blog, explaining that podcasts are stupid and people should read blogs, and this way I'll have at least a month of daily updated blogging to point them to!

And funnily enough, having idly picked up the first volume of Order of the Stick from my bookshelves, I find that it started in September 2003, and so is celebrating its twentieth birthday this month! It used to update two or three times a week and now we get one a month if we're lucky, but it's still completely awesome, so I don't mind one bit!

See, wasn't that interesting? And that's just the first of a month of thrilling updates!

No comments: