Wednesday, May 17, 2023

I'm in training

 I'm not in training for anything, but ASICS are apparently keen to "make sure you continue with exercise in whatever style and approach works for you," and are paying for Geoff to give me a personal training session once a week.

I assume they're paying him, anyway. Maybe they just told him to do it. But anyway, I'm getting trained. I have told them that I'm not even going to any memory competitions or anything, for strictly financial reasons, and thus even if (as demonstrated by an actual scientific study) physical exercise helps with performance at mental competition, it's pretty redundant in this case, but I've been assured that that doesn't matter in the slightest.

And so, in keeping with my philosophy of doing whatever someone tells me it would be a good idea to do (one of these days I'll meet that legendary person who tells friends to jump off a cliff), if training is what I should be doing, then by thunder I'll train. But without an officially-approved schedule of exercise, I'll have to decide exactly how to do this whole training thing myself! I'll consult with Geoff and see what he thinks. Maybe we'll just watch cartoons every week when he comes here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you don't eat your mushy peas, you can't have any cartoons!