Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Earworms

 Facebook occasionally shows me interesting things in the hope I'll click on them - today I saw the top 40 at such-and-such a date and my thought process went a bit like this...

"Oh wow, Theme From S-Express, I haven't thought about that in decades! And it was number 1 ahead of Heart by the Pet Shop Boys, I really liked that one at the time, it was right in the middle of my Pet Shop Boys obsession. And oh, hey, Mary's Prayer at number three! That's such a great song, I still listen to it now and then today. Hmm, number four Who's Leaving Who, I don't remember that oneOH WAIT, Who's Leaving Who? Is it me? Is it you? Oh please tell me who's leaving whooo-ooo-ooo-oooooo..."

At that point I decided it was best to stop looking at the list because I'm clearly never going to get all of those songs out of my head now.

Meanwhile, ASICS are still keen to give me things, even though I've tried to explain that I really can't afford to go to memory competitions at the moment (which is a shame, because there's German competitions I would be at this weekend if I had money to splash out on plane tickets) and I'm gradually losing the use of my legs these days so I should probably be looking into wheelchair racing rather than jogging. But they've just sent me a pile of new kit in the latest styles, and some more trainers, so I'm still very well equipped to make sure I've got a corpore sano!

[I don't speak Latin, but I have an idea you need to change the ending of 'sano' when it's in that kind of position in a sentence. But Latin's a silly kind of language. Romanes eunt domus.]

No comments: