Tuesday, October 09, 2018

I'm very nearly an old man

I'm going to be 42 years old on Sunday, which (thanks to my brother) is a very important milestone. When very young, he drew an actually really great adventure comic strip in which two heroic brothers fought against their evil foe, Org. But since their origin story involved Org already being an enemy of the heroes' father when he launched his baby sons away, Superman-style, in a rocket, to protect the secret of the chemical that was the maguffin of their adventures, naturally this made the writer realise that in the present-day sequences, Org must be an old man. Specifically, a 42-year-old old man. Throughout the story, people say "Well, he is 42..." to justify his behaviour, and worry about his blood pressure, and so on.

So between the two of us, we've always had a running joke that 42 is the ultimate in old age. I never actually thought I'd reach that milestone, somehow...

No comments: