Thursday, September 20, 2018

Efficiency

Well, I'm jetting off to Magdeburg this evening, where we'll interrupt the town's usual pastimes involving pulling hemispheres apart with horses and hold the German Memory Championship, a thing I haven't gone to for years and years! Still haven't done any training, and I think that's even more likely to be an issue with the longer disciplines here than with the quick ones in Korea, but I'm sure it'll get me all fired up to do better in all these other competitions coming up in the next few months! I'm still not 100% sure I can go to any of them, but it's at least half-likely.

And having taken the day off work today to sort out things around the new house, I can safely report that it's 11:25 and the things have already been sorted out! I didn't expect this impressive kind of service, but I've had broadband installed, a huge number of bookcases delivered and a large amount of food delivered by someone else, all quickly and cleanly with no fuss at all! I could go back to bed for a couple of hours before I need to head out to the airport!

And I've already moved an impressive chunk of my possessions over here, considering I don't need to be out of the old place for another two weeks. And I've packed my rucksack, shuffled my cards, printed out flight details, not lost my passport or the €90 or so in euros I've had in my kitchen drawer since whenever it was I last went to euro-land... I'm efficient! How did that happen?

No comments: