Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The vicious circle of dieting

I was doing really well at the whole weight-losing thing, but then I went away last weekend and was unhealthy (because you don't want other people to see you eating healthy food, do you? They'd think I was weird!) and when I weighed myself yesterday I found I'd put a couple of pounds back on. And of course this makes me want to eat chocolate and sweets to make myself feel better, and that'll only make me even fatter. I tell you, it's hard to be supermodel-thin like I am.

Also, sorry for the lack of updates, I just never seem to find the time for blogging. But I've been memory-training fairly adequately, I've done an hour numbers and 30-minute binary practice since last we spoke, and if I do all three 'marathons' each week between now and October, I really will win the world championship, probably. Maybe. Anyway, update about the Cambridge championship is coming soon, promise.

Tomorrow, though, I'm going to London to discuss things with the BBC for an upcoming programme. Which makes me sound a lot more like a TV star than it should, because this isn't a major big deal kind of thing. I'm also in the mood to write books and things, so maybe I'll do that. All I need to do is get out of the habit of using phrases like "and things" in every sentence, and I'll be fine.

No comments: