Friday, December 17, 2010

Home is where the Hart is

Ahh, the White Hart hotel, the only nice hotel in Boston. I think that's their slogan. Haven't been here for years, but it's nice to come back to the old town once in a while.

I spent the train journey making the first attempt at creating a list of 10,000 images, and... it's going to be a long, long job. Even the me of 2003, who was completely obsessed with developing the best memory system ever, might have balked at this task. Perhaps I could stick with the three-digit system and just practice with it intensively? But I really want a four-digit system. If only there was some way I could just skip the boring preparation and get immediately to the point where I've created and learnt all the images...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ich schreibe auf Deutsch, sonst könntest du mich missverstehen. ;)
Im Brainboard haben wir ja ein System mit 10.000 Bildern erstellt, zunächst wurde eine lange Liste mit Masterbegriffen von einem speziellen Programm gebildet (darüber weiß ich nicht viel), vielleicht fragst du mal die Person an, die dieses Programm hat und führst dasselbe mit englischen Begriffen durch?
Dann musst du nur noch aus den vielen Vorschlägen den Besten heraussuchen und fertig ist das System.
Das hier ist der Link zum Thread:
http://www.brainboard.eu/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2168

Sincerely