Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weight a minute

I've been trying to lose weight for the last couple of weeks, in a half-hearted, still-eating-lots-of-sweets kind of way. But it just occurred to me today that the one time in recent memory when I did genuinely lose a lot of weight and become really quite slender was back in early 2003, when I was particularly devoted to memory training and developing my systems. It's apparently true that mental athletes' exertions make them lose weight, and obviously I just need to mentally exercise some more to get the pounds falling off...

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hi Ben,

Much like smokers see smoking as a symbol of their liberty and right to choose, I see full fat milk like that. Semi-skimmed has no flavour and somehow everybody is drinking it, these days.

Anyway, I read an article about belly fat which stated that some people have symptoms of 'lactose intollerance' which makes the lower belly bloated - despite ditet efforts or exercising a lot.

So, I am doing an experiment with soya milk. The jury is not in on this theory yet but it is an interesting thing to do: to exclude a food type that is known to have weird effects on a lot of people.

Mike MOOOOOOOO!!!!!