Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Starting to believe my own hype

I have planned out the general kind of thing that I'm going to do at this stupid Mensa presentation, but I haven't written it down. It occurred to me that speaking with notes at a presentation about memory is probably a bad thing, but really, that's exactly the kind of misconception I'm intending to try to debunk - do people assume Usain Bolt never needs to catch a bus, because he can just run everywhere? There's a better analogy out there somewhere, but I haven't worked out what it is yet. Anyway, I need to go on some kind of campaign to stop people asking me how to remember where they put their car keys. It really annoys me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you might request to be introduced as a Memorization Expert, it's a bit more specific I think.

Frankly though, I'm surprised more people don't think you're the top player of the "Memory" card game...

~ J. B.