Monday, April 13, 2009

Holidays

Well, it's back to work tomorrow after four days off, and naturally this puts me in the mood to plan not going to work again at some point in the near future. It's a new financial year, you see, I've got 25 days between now and the end of March next year, and I'd quite like to plan it out properly for once, instead of taking them all whenever I feel like it and ending up with no holidays left for the second half of the year. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd sit down and work out how much time I'd need for each memory competition, including recovery time afterwards, then plan a couple of other little breaks at appropriate times in between them. I'm not going to, but it's definitely a step in the right direction for me to acknowledge that it's a good idea to do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree old chap.
It's been said that most people put more effort into planning their holdiays than they do in to planning their lives and I personally believe it yet, find it a shocking thing.

However, the fact that ypu are planning your holidays in alignment with you goals justifies everything. My God I sound like Aristotle sometimes.

Dai :-) My connection is working for a bit. Yay. I paid my bill so who knows if it will work 'till the next bill installment !

Good luck at The Great Big Mind Event of Cambridge !

Katy said...

Cambridge - do you require any help at all or are you absorbed into a big event with dozens of extra invigilators? Are you already counting me in numbers for helping out where needed? Do you need extras - if so, send me details and I might be able to find you another 1 or 2, if I give people enough notice. If you are expecting me to help out again, where and when do I need to be?