Saturday, June 07, 2008

Nearly

The first game could easily have been a draw if not for one lucky goal, and Portugal did indeed win easily. See, I'm great at predicting football results. I'm a little less good at making lunch, possibly, having filled the flat with thick, acrid smoke while cooking chicken kievs, but I think the place is mostly aired out now, and the damage to my lungs probably wasn't too severe.

Oh, and Doctor Who tonight was complete gibberish. Complete gibberish that looked on the surface like intelligent, thoughtful and different semi-thriller drama, but think about any element of the plot for more than five seconds and it all falls apart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A cross between "The Time Traveller's Wife" (excellent book, highly recommended) and that episode of TNG where Picard live another life inside a computer. Given that you hate that episode, I didn't expect you to like Dr Who tonight !