Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bumcivilian

It's just been brought to my attention that the entire series of "Look Around You" is available on YouTube for the world to see. Both series, in fact - the original ten-minute episodes and (although I haven't watched them yet) I think all of the half-hour second series are on there too. Which pleases me no end! Look Around You is possibly the single funniest thing that's been on television for the last decade or so, and it's quite criminal that it isn't better known. It's the kind of comedy that I aspire to write myself and wildly envy when other people do it so well.

But don't take my word for it. Take an hour or so out of your busy schedule and watch the whole bally lot of the things. And when you've finished watching them, notice that the 'related videos' box for the final episode (The Brain) gives you seventeen other Look Around You videos, two random brain-related things and "Maximise the Power of Your Brain - Tony Buzan MIND MAPPING". He really is everywhere!

Go on, check them out. If you like my occasional ventures into mad surrealistic comedy, you'll love these. If you hate my occasional ventures into mad surrealistic comedy, you'll still love these because they do it so much better than I do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Zoomy. Thoomy.

Jennifer Goddard said...

Perhaps you could do a mad surrealistic comedy on Tony Buzan.

luvbeingbald said...

I LOVE the "Look Around You" shows!! I always wonder if there are those out there that actually believe that some of the "skits" they put on are actually real. I have to say, I actually laugh at each episode. Something I don't normally do because some tend to just be plain stupid. But they keep it fresh.