Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Wonderland, wonderland...

I've never been to Sunderland before, although I did write a story involving the place (being blown to atoms) in a previous blog entry. It was nothing personal. The memory demonstration today went really well - just me and James Paterson at this one, but we enthralled and illuminated the audience very nicely, I think.

The guy in charge of this one didn't have a silly name or a connection with obscure comics, but he did come from the Cardiff area, and knows Penarth, where James comes from, very well. Which you wouldn't really expect from a uni up in Sunderland, but then even more funnily, it turned out that another guy there is from Lincolnshire, and even had relatives living in Clinton Park, where I went to primary school! Small world.

Also, getting there was no end of fun. All the trains were cancelled, for no adequately explained reason, and we had to go by a very circuitous route. But never mind, that gave us plenty of time for epic Tetris contests on James's DSs. I'm almost tempted to get one of the things myself...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The annoying thing is that the only train I wanted to be delayed was the one to Belper, a 10 minute delay was all that I needed to meet up nicely with it, but no, it ran perfectly to schedule so I have only just got back! .....Yes, get a DS!

Ian said...

DS's are brilliant! My mum's got one! Do you know you can get a Scooby Doo game for that thing?! Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Definitely get a DS then get all the retro games for it - most of the old NES games can be bought for it for next to nothing. Not to mention the new Zelda game...