Sunday, July 08, 2007

Bad omens

Roger Federer reminds me of Clemens Mayer - they look quite similar, if you half-close your eyes (well, three-quarters close them, maybe), and they always win. Rafael Nadal, on the other hand, has long hair and therefore looks like I would if nature had been a bit more fair in its follicle distribution. So I was rather hoping for an upset, but no such luck. Another reason I might not win the world memory championship this year is that I haven't done any practice this weekend. My motivation seems to come and go, and it's well and truly gone just lately. Hopefully I'll get back into it over the next couple of days. It's not like the UK championship is real preparation for the WMC, but if I don't win it I'll be all annoyed with myself (unless I lose it and still beat all my records - actually, that would be even better, because it would force me to get even better over the next couple of months!)

But hey, for the benefit of those who don't care about memory stuff, look at this!



This, you see, is what my comic character would look like if I was a real artist! Drawn by the incomparable Munkart, who's not only the world's greatest creator of Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers fanart (a much more hotly contested title than you might think), but also a really nice guy. There are very few people in the world I admire enough that I would ask them to draw me as a squirrel, and even fewer people who on being asked such a thing would actually do it, rather than shipping me off to the nearest loony bin. Isn't it great?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable drawings. But why do you-as-squirrel wear alligator-skin underpants?

Zoomy said...

I have no idea. The alligator-pants were Munkart's idea. I think he was just playing with different textures. They do look maybe a bit out of place on a squirrel, but hey, it's still very cute!

Anonymous said...

But surely you are a dragon?

Zoomy said...

I'm mainly a squirrel when I hang out with furry types. Sad to say, with VPS being dead, I've hardly been a cute little dragon thing at all for the last couple of years.

Also, if you're reading this and you think of me as a human, I do apologise for the confusion...