Monday, January 29, 2007

Learning Japanese, I think I'm learning Japanese

I dug out my old Teach Yourself Japanese course today and refreshed my memory of the first couple of chapters. I've started to learn the language a few times in the past, and always got stuck when I got to verbs and gave up. This time, I fully intend to become a master of the tongue, able to chat fluently with Hideshi Tamenori or Rumiko Takahashi or Usagi Yojimbo, should they happen to come round for tea. I expect to be talking like a native by tomorrow lunchtime, teatime at the latest.

I feel I should point out that I've also done a huge amount of memory training (I'm really getting somewhere with the spoken numbers now) and writing of Cambridge Memory Championship website today. Having weekend non-memory-stuff breaks is definitely a good idea. But then if I get so used to the idea of not memorising things at weekends, I might not be able to do it at competitions, which are invariably weekend events! Maybe I'll have a weekend in the middle of the week. Or just do what I want, when I want, like I always do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hows the japanese learning going?
I enjoy the blogg by the way keep up the good work