Sunday, September 17, 2006

Ah'm fed up! I never get ony fun here.

I'm bored! And by that I mean that there are many, many things I could be doing, like memory training, or mental calculations training, or writing books, cleaning my flat, arranging my birthday party, watching videos, playing games, emailing people, phoning people, heck, even leaving the flat and going for a drink, but for some reason none of these wholesome activities hold any appeal for me at the moment. The only thing I can reconcile myself to doing is lying around the place at 8pm on a Sunday night and moaning because I'm bored.

Have I mentioned that the day after the mental calculation world cup in Gießen, there's a memory competition in Stuttgart that I'm also competing in? I'm trying to work out how best to balance training for the two - the mental calculation bit involves some long-term memory of numbers, which kind of gets in the way of practising the short-term things for the memory competition. Although since, as previously mentioned, I'm not doing either right at the moment, perhaps it's just an academic question.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will your next blog entry be about what the word "ony" means?

Zoomy said...

"Ony" means "any", if you speak with a Glasgow accent in 1936, apparently. It was Oor Wullie's first line in his first appearance. I assumed everyone would get the reference...

Anonymous said...

If anyone got the reference I think they deserve £1 million. Instead of someone else getting it next Saturday from some guy whose marriage has just collapsed.

http://www.thatsbraw.co.uk/Oor%20Wullie/OW-Page.htm