Monday, August 14, 2006

The follies of men's youth

I've been reading my old blog posts tonight, and I can be quite fascinating at times, can't I? Makes me think that I need to start doing interesting things so I can write about them in more detail. And yes, I did hand my notice in at work today. I was going to think about it a bit more, but I got butterflies in my tummy every time I thought about it, and I didn't want that getting in the way of the world memory championship, so I decided to just get on with it and resign. It felt pretty good, all in all. So now I'm resolved not to think about it or anything else for the next week, and just relax, clear my brain and do a bit of last-minute practice with abstract images because I'm not nearly prepared enough for them. Everything else, though, I'm pretty sure I can make a decent stab at. I'm not as match-fit as I'd like to be, but I'm better than last year, and I didn't lose by much last year. Fingers crossed, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

You can always un-resign if you change your mind....

Just make sure you don't waste the year and end up back where you started.

Anonymous said...

I have to say I admire your move to resign - it can't have been an easy step - but it will be no doubt very liberating! Best wishes for the weekend and make sure you watch a good comedy to help you relax, i always find that laughing chills me out!