Friday, March 03, 2006

Thank Crunchie

And before our regularly scheduled blogging, I think I should point out that I was originally going to call this post 'That Friday Feeling'. After starting to type it, it occurred to me that 'Thank Crunchie' would be a much better title, so I deleted the three letters I'd already written and replaced them with the new heading.

This pretty much sums up the way my mind's been working today. I've been really industrious at work all week, getting well ahead of myself in preparation for my holiday, but I just wasn't with it at all today. I spent an alarming amount of time staring into space and daydreaming, and had to really force myself to look at the computer screen and get something done. So all in all, it's good that it's the weekend. And even better that it's a three-day week for me next week, followed by six days off, several of them in an exciting big city that I haven't properly been to before!

I'm really all excited about this trip (although it'll be more exciting if I remember to get some dollars tomorrow, as I still haven't got round to it yet...). I haven't been to America since last February, and the time before that was in, what, 2002? Something like that, anyway. I need to travel more. I should get a job that involves a lot of world travel and very little doing anything work-like when I get there.

No comments: