Friday, January 20, 2006

Edited to add

Two posts in one night? Well, it's Friday. Anyway, I just went back and edited a post from a couple of days ago so it says "I disagree quite violently with that", like it was supposed to, rather than "I disagree quite violently like that".

I don't really like having the ability to edit my previous posts - it's all a bit 1984, being able to change past ramblings whenever I feel like it. I've only done it three times before today, I think - twice to correct embarrassing spelling mistakes and once to insert a word in the thrilling story titled "Adventure" (which was the one post here that I've written on paper first and then typed up when I next got to a computer). And I wouldn't have bothered with that, only it was the word that made the sentence actually funny (well, I found it funny, I make no promises that anyone else would) - "Wigginsford-on-the-Sands, which while it isn't actually at the seaside does have the world's third-largest artificial pebble beach!" It took me a couple of months to notice that I'd omitted the word "pebble".

But that's the absolute limit that I'm prepared to go to with editing previous posts. I have to be careful, do it once and the power will start to go to my head, and soon I'll be rewriting past entries wholesale to reflect my new opinions, or make it look like I predicted something that has just happened so that people will think I'm cool. That way lies madness.

No comments: