Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Zoom - it's part of my name

On the way back from Luton today, I saw the strangest company slogan I've ever seen, written on the side of a van. The company in question are called Huntleigh Healthcare, or something along those lines, and the slogan was "Healthcare - it's part of our name."

They either deserve applause for coming up with a brilliantly ironic swipe at senseless advertising, or else public derision for putting something so mindlessly stupid on their vans. Either way, this blog is dedicated to Huntleigh Healthcare, or Something-beginning-with-H-and-ending-with-something-like-leigh Healthcare, anyway.

In other news, if I'm going to get back into the habit of watching EastEnders, I'm going to need reminders. Addiction has always been something I've needed to work at. But I'd resolved to watch it this week just because I've always loved the Mitchells. Don't ask me why. I might catch the repeat on BBC3 tonight, if I can be bothered.

Also, I've been practicing speed cards for the last couple of nights, three packs a night, and I've made mistakes in all six packs. And they were all over 35 seconds, too. I really need to get back in training on a regular basis.

2 comments:

Sam said...

That's a brilliant slogan!

Did you know some supposed 7-time (or something inflated like that) world memory champion is selling merchandise through the works that purports to help you improve your memory?!

Disgusting. I mean, he has a moustache.

Are you bringing out your own fashion line anytime soon? I'll wear my prematurely aged Zoomy hat and stressed leather Zoomy shoes with pride.

Well, maybe not the shoes - it rains a lot in Bangor. I'd definitely think about buying the hat, though.

Zoomy said...

That'll be Dominic O'Brien, who's an 8-times world memory champion. Although there are other former champions who've written books and things too.

My favourite comment on Dominic's appearance comes from a Russian memory guy called Oleg, who is also a weightlifter in his spare time, who said "On your country if somebody famous and success he looks clear and brilliant. On my country only homosexual and politicks looks like Dominic. Rich and clever looks like me."